At CVS Health, were reinventing our front store to be the front door to healthcare. For millions of Americans, that journey begins with one of our 9,700 retail stores, and we want to help each of our customers take the right first or next step in his or her healthcare journey. To help us achieve this goal we are looking for innovative marketing leaders who think big and push boundaries to drive results.
As the Sr. Manager, Store Experience Strategy and In-Store Monetization, you will play a critical role as we create new and exciting store formats and specialized experiences within some of our retail stores.
In partnership with leadership and the insights team, you will help unlock customer insights to understand how shopper behavior is changing and leverage those insights to develop hypothesis continually learning and optimizing the shopper experience.
Additionally, this role will build and develop strategies to most effectively use our core in-store assets, to best cross-sell products and services across our retail front store and pharmacies, as well as appropriately monetize via suppliers and other third-party relationships. It is imperative that identified monetization opportunities are balanced and appropriately integrated into a good consumer shopping experience.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
- In partnership with Director/Sr. Director and creative design teams, develop exceptional retail experience strategies and execution plans leveraging insights from a variety of internal and external data sources; outline key shopper journeys for these experiences, particularly the decision-making points and pain-points that our retail experience design needs to consider
- Own the development of the strategic creative brief and partner with internal and external creative partners
- Once experience strategies are developed, ensure they can be operationalized and scaled, with flawless execution (including roll-out at store) delivered on time and on budget
- Continually seek to understand our consumers and their unmet needs and identify opportunities to optimize retail experiences to deliver high NPS, remove barriers to trial and increase stickiness
- In partnership with Sr. Director/ Director, lead the strategy development and ongoing learning agenda for all retail monetization tools to drive consumer engagement and sales/service growth
- Identify new opportunities to appropriately monetize in-store assets that are designed to drive sales & profit while protecting the customer experience.
- Develop implementation plans and partner cross-functionally to pilot and launch new monetization programs successfully.
- Partner with CMX team to integrate in-store tools into a consolidated vendor sales approach to maximize overall sales opportunities
Partner and Inspire Cross-functionally:
- Establish and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with key internal stakeholders, such as Consumer Insights and Analytics, Merchandising, Front Store Strategy, Creative, Store Design, Construction, Media, Legal, Finance, and Operations. Establish and maintain strong relationships with vendors and agency partners
- A clear, effective, and collaborative communication style is critical to success.
- A can-do attitude and a passion for removing barriers is key, as many of the specialized retail format projects run on fast timelines and are subject to change as we go.
- 5+ years of retail marketing experience with a strong foundation of business and consumer understanding
- 3+ years of cross-functional leadership experience
- 2+ years of store experience strategy & execution
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can thrive in a demanding, performance-driven environment and make thoughtful decisions even when time-bound
- Ability to problem solve by identifying and removing barriers while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with internal and external business partners to deliver positive ROI
- Intellectual curiosity and rigorous analytical experience; ability to take and transform data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills that can be effectively articulated in both written and oral forms across a diverse audience base, including senior leaders
- Deep appreciation of end-to-end consumer shopping experience with ability to lead research projects that will uncover critical insights to help inform go-forward strategies
- Strong PC knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business or related. MBA is preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.