Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot is seeking a Learning Designer to join our growing educational robots team. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and facilitating lessons and activities in either formal or informal education settings. The Learning Designer will be assisting in the creation of cross-curricular, standard-aligned education materials for multiple grade levels, as well as collaborating with educators across the country to prototype lessons and curate our content library. Additionally, they will be assisting in the facilitation of activities at STEM events and industry conferences.
We are looking for someone excited to utilize their communication skills daily to create beautiful learning experiences and polished instructional materials for both students and educators. Ideally this candidate is looking to make their mark in the education world with clear, hands-on, creative coding and tech integration opportunities designed for all types of learners.
- Create deployable classroom materials to accompany iRobot educational activities.
- Curate iRobot’s online content library for educator and student communities.
- Align new and existing learning content to Common Core and NGSS Standards.
- Assist in developing educational activities through ideation, prototyping, copywriting, photo, video and graphics targeted for learners ages 4-18 years old.
- Communicate and collaborate with our pilot program educators.
- Assist in facilitation, data collection and analysis from user-testing.
- Prepare educational content and training materials for Professional Development seminars, STEM events, and industry conferences
- Travel to Professional Development seminars, STEM events, and industry conferences to provide product demonstrations and assist in activity facilitation.
- Minimum 2 years experience teaching in a formal or informal education setting
- Familiarity with both Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards
- Experience developing written and visual (photo, video, worksheet, etc.) instruction materials
- Clear and articulate facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- BA/BS in Education, Instructional Design, Educational Technology or a related field.
Bonus Points for
- Basic coding experience
- Familiarity with CSTA and ISTE tech standards
- Experience using educational robots
- Experience using Adobe inDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Jobs From