Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? Were looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
We are looking to expand our science team and accepting applications for Scientists with extensive training and experience in Statistical Genetics and Genomics. Talented candidates at all levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
Our scientists are developing the next generation of breeding tools, novel genetic tests, and evolutionary research in dogs with the goal of accelerating canine genetic science and a long-term vision of ending preventable diseases in pets.
Embarks science team consists of leaders in the canine genomics research community and expert veterinary geneticists, computational biologists and population geneticists. The company is a research partner of the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, with a science headquarters in Ithaca, NY and a company headquarters in Boston, MA. We are looking to hire top-notch scientists in both locations to expand our canine genetic testing product and accelerate our genetic discovery pipeline.
- Design and execute genetic association studies.
- Work collaboratively across teams to develop and accelerate Embarks canine genetic discovery platform.
- Develop pipelines for processing and analyzing health and clinical data.
- Build models to predict complex health and trait phenotypes from genetic and environment data.
- Ph.D. or MS in Statistics, Genetics, or a related field.
- Strong skills in applied statistical genetics and genomics.
- Comfort with Linux/Unix environments and coding experience including python and SQL. Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Add to a culture of teamwork and continuous learning/teaching.
- A passion for pet health and desire to build products to improve the lives of pets and pet owners.
What We Offer
- Dog-friendly office
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embarks proprietary database of phenotypic and genetic data from over a hundred thousand dogs is already the largest in the world and has lead to exciting new genomic discoveries. Were looking for colleagues to build the engine driving a million-dog database to discover and prevent cancer, hip dysplasia, cardiac disease and inbreeding depression in dogs.
Embark Veterinary Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
More Jobs From