WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations build people-powered movements.
Were a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission. We're excited to grow this team and get ready to take on even bigger challenges as we look toward 2020 and beyond.
The Outreach Team is the primary point of contact and welcome wagon for all campaigns and organizations that use ActBlue. We engage groups and train them to use ActBlues tools for grassroots fundraising. Every single day candidates are jumping into local and state races, looking to create change in their communities. Your focus will be on these races, with an eye toward 2020 redistricting. Youll bring on new campaigns and strengthen our relationships with groups we already work with by helping them grow their digital fundraising programs. We are looking for someone with a passion for state and local politics and experience building new relationships with campaigns.
Our State and Local Team all work out of our Boston-area office, but we split our focus into four regions: the West, the South, the Midwest, and the Northeast. The person we bring into this role will be focusing on reaching out to state and local campaigns in midwestern states (ND, NE, IA, MO, WI, MI, SD, KS, MN, IL, and IN). Experience or a strong interest in the state and local politics of these states is preferred. Particular experience in Michigan, Minnesota, or Wisconsin is a plus!
- Identify, research, contact, and build relationships with new campaign and organization leads.
- Actively establish relationships with emerging state and local campaigns.
- Help existing and new campaigns get the most out of ActBlue.
- Work as part of a team to develop priorities and outreach strategies.
- Travel to the Midwest to attend events, conferences, and trainings and give presentations about ActBlue and small-dollar digital fundraising.
- A networker: We are looking for team members who are outgoing and enthusiastic about outreach and creating strong relationships.
- Comfortable going solo: While youll be working on a larger team, most of your day-to-day work will be independently driven and managed.
- Dedicated to our mission: Our online fundraising technology makes it easy for more folks to participate in the political process every day. We want you to be passionate about furthering this work. Providing the best support for every campaign that you work with is your first priority.
- Highly detailed: You proofread, reread, and triple-check your work.
- Tenacious: Relationship building and outreach is about determination and keeping your eye on the big picture goals.
- A presenter: We attend many events, conferences, and trainings throughout the year in order to spread knowledge about grassroots fundraising to new campaigns. We are looking for someone who is excited about educating others on digital strategy and our mission, whether its a webinar or a presentation to a large crowd.
- Ready to jump right in: Our Outreach Team is excellent at troubleshooting and problem solving. Our mindset is theres no job and no challenge that you and the team can't take on! Wed love you to come in on day one with a clear picture of local politics in our country and ideas about where we may be needed.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
ActBlues office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Bostons MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, salaried position centered in our office. We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, including commuter benefits; fully employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; and a flexible time off policy.
Salary Range: $50K - $60K based on experience level
This position does involve occasional travel to present at or attend events, conferences, and trainings.
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.