Were looking for an experienced Software Developer who can help us design and build the next generation of products and features for Datto Saas Protection, to uphold our business continuity promise via Dattos suite of SaaS application backup products. Typically, projects include working with managing large-scale cloud-to-cloud data flows, leveraging third-party APIs (e.g., Google, Microsoft) and development of new product features and capabilities. Software Engineer with familiarity of vulnerability exploitation methods and mitigation.
Practically, you would work on a cross-functional agile team including Product Management, Quality and Software Engineers to collectively complete a themed set of business goals every two weeks. Furthermore, you will work with your team and others to architect solutions for ambitious, large-scale security initiatives. You should have experience with Integration Security concepts like Mutual Authentication, Open SSO, SAML, OAUTH, Kerberos, JSON Web Token(JWT). Also, a solid understanding of OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and vulnerability scoring frameworks such as CVSS. As well as familiarity with attacks and mitigation methods, with development/scripting experience of security tools
About the Datto Saas Protection (aka Backupify) Software team
Were a cross-location engineering team who partner closely with stakeholders in our product, sales, and technical support departments to build the right solutions, the right way, so we can continuously deliver reliable, high-quality products. We speak many languages like Scala, PHP, Ruby, English, French, Korean and Mandarin to name a few, but whats most important is technical excellence agnostic of language. We embrace Agile principles and bring these values to work each day. Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency are vital to our success, and we embody these values to solve complex challenges. Trust and accountability are the pillars of our company, and having a can-do attitude is central to being a team member.
- Independent, driven, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership
- Comfortable communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand and execute on technology roadmaps
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software development
- 3+ years of experience in an object-oriented language (e.g. Java, PHP, Ruby, Scala)
- Understanding of Integration Security concepts like Mutual Authentication, Open SSO, SAML, OAUTH, Kerberos, JSON Web Token(JWT)
- Solid understanding of OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and and vulnerability scoring frameworks such as CVSS
- Understanding of attacks and mitigation methods, with development/scripting experience of security tools
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with API development (e.g. RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP)
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Familiar with continuous integration, unit/automated testing, and quality delivery
- Familiar with agile development
Willing to Learn or Had Experience With:
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.