Staff Software Engineer, Storefront International
Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case - its visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 14 million products: Home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares, and more. We work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like theyve found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and were the team that makes that happen.
As a Staff Software Engineer for Stores and Geos International team, youll be responsible for helping to define and execute the vision of our International sites, Wayfair Canada, UK, Germany, and more to come! These businesses make up billions of incremental revenue dollars of opportunity and present a unique challenge to create the perfect experience for a subset of customers. We work across the entire codebase and are SMEs in globalization platforms and geo-specific consumer needs. We collaborate heavily with product managers, designers, analysts, and testers, as well as tech leads across the entire Storefront org to ensure a seamless user experience across all Wayfair properties.
What You'll Do
- Own and drive the technical vision and architecture of our consumer-facing internationalization strategy, with a focus on making it as easy as possible for teams to release features across all of our geographic locations
- Partner with our Catalog and Translations Platform Engineering teams to craft the next-gen design of our translation data architecture and consumption systems
- Work with our Product and Analytics partners to test into and bring impactful, differentiating feature-sets to our international userbases
- Help grow other engineers technically through design and code review, pairing, and developing other learning opportunities
What You'll Need
- A passion for technology. You love untangling and bringing order to complex systems, and youre able to unite teams to execute toward that common goal.
- A passion for customer-driven design and development. Its not just about executing on a project specification handed to you by a stakeholder, but about working together to figure out exactly what the customer wants, and delivering it to them
- 8-15 years industry experience preferred with at least 5 years of experience driving organizational change through technical leadership
- Extensive experience with SQL and object-oriented languages like Java, PHP or Scala along with object-oriented design, and a thorough understanding of system design for the web
- Demonstrated ability to make and execute platform level technical decisions, gaining team understanding and buy-in for those decisions
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level
- Experience with internationalization platforms a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.