Chewy is hiring a Staff Engineer for our Customer Platforms in Boston, MA. This team is responsible for the applications used by CS agents to provide best in class customer service to our customers. As a Staff Engineer, you will be responsible for providing architectural leadership to engineers partnering with the SDM/AD.
This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across business and product teams, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for our best in class Customer Service team. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. As a Staff Engineer, you will be involved in hands on architecture and development along with the team. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy. You will be involved in implementing proofs of concept, driving innovation and establishing best practices within your team. You will also be a member of the Architecture Guild helping to drive Chewys technology strategy.
What You'll Do:
- You will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, distributed software and tools
- You will be the engineering lead who works with the team and other partner teams to define our technical roadmap
- You will deliver projects that transform rapidly growing applications and drive initiatives for upkeep and health of services as these systems grow
- Help in hiring and coaching engineers on the team.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience applying CS fundamentals in architecture design, data structures, algorithms and problem solving
- Experience with at least one modern programming language such as C#, Java
- Experience implementing high availability services
- Delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Position may require travel
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- E-commerce experience.
- Frontend frameworks.
- Experience working with AWS or Similar Cloud Environments.
- Experience with e-commerce & call-center applications