Staff Engineer - Customer Identity Graph
The Customer Identity team is responsible for providing a platform that enables Wayfair teams to access and activate customer data for applications including personalization, targeted notifications/advertising, and customer service among others. We collect 1st and 3rd party customer data (i.e. demographic attributes, account attributes, shopping activity, and data science model predictions) from a breadth of sources, organize it into our data platform (called Nucleus), and make it accessible through our Customer Information and Segmentation services.
One of the key levers for Wayfairs ability to personalize content and hyper-target messaging is our identity graph. The identity graph's mission is to resolve customer identity across a fragmented landscape of devices and identifier-spaces.
What You'll Do
- Design and build the next generation platform enabling Wayfair to scale its ability to map customers for years to come
- Be a go-to technical leader for team-members, technical stakeholders, product managers, and peers
- Develop system designs and project specs to bring clarity and build alignment on short and long term plans
- Work with a variety of technologies including Python, Java, Spark, BigQuery, and Hadoop in addition to selecting/building the right platform(s) upon which to scale our device graph
- Hone your technical leadership skills as you help grow engineers on your team to develop the next generation of Wayfair engineering
- Provide high quality reviews, for both code and technical designs
What You'll Need
- Extensive experience designing, building, and maintaining high scale software systems
- Exposure to a variety of software development patterns (Examples can include: test-driven development, object-oriented design, functional programming, stream processing, circuit-breaker pattern, etc)
- A desire and willingness to help your teammates develop their own skill-sets
- B.S. or equivalent experience in computer science/related field
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.