Office Tour Photos
We're not your traditional tech company, and we don't aim to be; going against the grain is in our DNA. We know that building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking, and that's why we value diversity of background a lived experience.
Toast pairs a deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud-based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Our products make it easy for restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, improve operations, and increase revenue. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive!
Bready* to make a change?
The Payments teams are the hidden heroes and heroines of Toast. These teams ensure that a restaurant can always perform the mission-critical act of taking a payment from a guest, even in the middle of a power outage. As a member of our Payment Experience team, you will be responsible for making sure that both restaurant employees and guests have a rock-solid, frictionless payment experience on our Android tablets and handheld devices.
About this roll*
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and UX designers to implement, monitor, and maintain our core payments workflows (originally built in Java, but moving to Kotlin)
- Guide the growth of 3-4 engineers, including mentoring, career development, and performance management
- Participate in compassionate code reviews to ensure that implementations meet our functional and technical requirements
- Work closely with your team's product manager to advocate and prioritize work that will enable us to support our workflows as the company grows to support more restaurants, new Android devices, and new methods of payment
- Schedule and facilitate your team's regular meetings, such as daily standup, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Ensure that your team is delivering high-quality software on a regular basis
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Experience developing Android applications
- Desire to work primarily in Kotlin within a large Android codebase
- Motivation to help the people around you achieve their full potential
- Respectful, empathetic, and humble
- A focus on restaurant success and getting things done
- Integrity to achieve results the right way
* Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Tech Stack
Toasts products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. Toast stores data in a set of sharded Postgres databases and utilizes Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing. The front-end is built primarily using Angular and ES6. The main Toast POS application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin. For data between tablets and our cloud platform we operate RabbitMQ clusters as well as direct tablet communication to the back end.
More Jobs From