ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. Were backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the worlds catering, and well make it happen even more surely if you come help us.
Were looking for a top-notch, hands-on Staff level SRE to join our small and talented infrastructure engineering team and help us elevate our game when it comes to designing, building and operating high-performance and highly-available systems.
At ezCater, every engineer is responsible for the software they build, and SREs play a critical part in providing the tools, practices, and expertise to support them.
Our production systems are hosted in AWS data centers running multiple Rails and Node.js services in Kubernetes. We employ continuous delivery to allow our developers to deploy as often as they neeed. Our systems are stable and fire drills are rare.
Technologies were currently using include:
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache) and Ubuntu Linux
- Kubernetes, Postgres, Redis, Memcached, ElasticSearch
- Terraform, Chef, Fluentd, Test Kitchen, DataDog, Sumo Logic
In this mission-critical role, you will:
- Design, build and maintain the core infrastructure for ezCater
- Develop operational and security standards and champion operational excellence and secure coding practices
- Partner with engineering teams closely to educate and consult
- Participate in solution design for new features, products, systems, and tooling
- Debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Continually monitor application/system performance and costs, generate actionable insights and either implement or advocate for them
- Participate in on-call rotations, along with every member of the engineering team
- Ruthlessly eliminate repetitive manual tasks and recurring errors
- Ensure we are always employing best-of-breed tooling for all our infrastructure and automation needs
- Collaboratively plot course for the maturing and growth of ezCaters infrastructure
- Participate (and sometimes run point) in handling production incidents
- Work closely with engineering teams to conduct root cause analysis for production incidents, and evolve infrastructure and tooling.
This role might be that rare opportunity if you:
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, no red-tape, rapid-growth environment
- Love building tooling and infrastructure to help developers be more productive
- Love eliminating repetitive manual tasks through automation
- Have a healthy appreciation of what it means to work in production
- Have solid Unix command line and systems chops
- Have experience with substantial, distributed SaaS or eCommerce systems
- Have vision and well-informed opinions about how to build infrastructure for a high-growth, technology-driven company thats headed towards the $2B mark.
What youll get from us:
Importantly, youll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. Youll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCaters radical transparency and trust, youll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, youll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and heres what else youll get: Market salary, stock options youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.
More Jobs From