Twitter is looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial product manager to support our Applied Machine Learning Research group within the Cortex organisation, which exists to partner with product teams across the company to help them better leverage and advance Machine Learning at Twitter. Cortex is Twitter’s centralised Machine Learning organisation, responsible for partnering with product teams to help us better leverage ML through applied research, in addition to providing ML infrastructure, platform and tooling, and common modelling features.
What You’ll Do
As a Product Manager within the Applied Machine Learning Research group, you'll be expected to help our Machine Learning Researchers identify opportunities to help product teams better achieve their goals through leveraging applied machine learning research. You’ll work with product teams across the company to help them understand how Machine Learning can help them better solve customer problems. Collaborating closely with engineers, researchers and other product managers, you'll work to make sure that we are investing in research that will help us better solve customer problems and take responsibility for ensuring that it delivers impact.
Who You Are
We’re looking for someone who has a track record of helping technical teams deliver customer impact, ideally coupled with a strong interest and deep understanding of the latest advances in Machine Learning. The ideal candidate would have both a deep technical background and a strong, customer-centric approach to product management, which has been repeatedly demonstrated through past projects. As the Applied Research group within Cortex is part of a centralised Machine Learning organisation, we are also looking for someone who is experienced with crafting roadmaps based on the needs of internal customers and able to bring a strong toolbox of tried and tested processes for ensuring effective communication and teamwork across organizations.
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- A strong interest and technical expertise in Machine Learning, ideally with experience in either working with applied research teams or doing applied research yourself.
- A validated ability to collaborate cross-functionally with distributed teams.
- Experience with both establishing and delivering on product roadmaps for technical teams serving internal customers within a larger organisation, to the clear and measured benefit of internal customer teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which allow you to excel at being an advocate for the Applied Research group and to be an effective communicator when dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- 3+ years of prior product management experience.
- MEng or MSci in either Machine Learning or a related technical field, PhD or research experience is ideal.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.