Office Tour Photos
Were not your traditional tech company and we dont aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. Thats why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Restaurants are one of the many Small & Medium Business industries that have been ignored by big banks, making access to investment and working capital very difficult. Whether a restaurant is expanding, renovating, or simply dealing with unexpected equipment failures, owners have very few viable financial options to manage these investments & expenses.
Toast Capital is building an end-to-end loan origination platform that guides a user through the application, fund disbursement, and servicing experiences. Our vision is to redefine financial services by empowering restaurant owners with affordable lending and financial partnership. Were looking for a Staff Software Engineer with frontend experience to join the Toast Capital team. We need you to lead the implementation of both customer-facing and internal operations-centric web applications that will allow people to apply for and receive capital when they need it.
About this roll*
- Implement, monitor, and maintain a suite of React web applications with guidance from our product manager and product designer
- Drive the discovery and adoption of best practices not just on the Capital team but across all frontend teams through participation in our frontend guild
- Review code to ensure technical implementation meets functional requirements
- Mentor and guide less experienced engineers
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Respectful, empathetic, and humble
- Focused on getting things done and customer success
* Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Tech Stack
Our products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. We store data in a set of sharded Postgres databases and utilize Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing. The web frontend is built using React, Angular, and ES6. Our main point of sale application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin. For communication between tablets and our cloud platform, we utilize RabbitMQ clusters as well as direct API communication to our HTTP backend.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive base salary (range available upon request), negotiable and commensurate with experience
- Equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited vacation, subject to manager approval
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Subsidized medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Subsidized subway/commuter pass or parking benefits
More Jobs From