Staff Engineer, Service Mesh
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
We are looking for experienced and passionate Senior Engineers who have backgrounds in programming, distributed systems, and Kubernetes to help Wayfair continue its focus on modernizing its Service Mesh and Kubernetes architecture. Youll join a high performing team that is building out specialized tools and enhancements for Kubernetes.
What Youll Do:
- Contribute to design and implementation of service mesh (Istio, Envoy).
- Consolidate and design service discovery across hybrid cloud and containers vs non-containers.
- Work closely with Kubernetes, Cloud and Security groups to ensure service mesh works seamlessly and meets highest performance/security standards.
- Work closely with Developer platform groups to ensure all major language platforms can easily take advantage of service mesh.
- Improve and maintain the software and infrastructure that your team develops and operates.
What Youll Need:
- BS, or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as software or infrastructure engineer operating scalable and reliable cloud platforms.
- Solid understanding of public cloud providers, GCP preferred.
- Strong Linux administration experience.
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes microservices architectures and internal components.
- Understanding of Kubernetes network architecture how traffic moves within pods, between clusters, load balancers, and the internet.
- Experience using advanced knowledge of Linux OS either on bare metal hardware or VMWare.
- Experience working with servicemesh tools (Istio) is highly desirable.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining Kubernetes.
- Experience using networking technologies like BGP (calico) or TCP / IP or load balancers or firewalls.
- Experience using configuration management like puppet or ansible or terraform.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.