Office Tour Photos
Wayfairs Search and Recommendations team provides the core platforms and services that allow our customers to discover & buy the products they love. Our systems leverage Wayfairs extensive customer and product data to deliver trusted and valuable recommendations and results in real time using custom machine learning models & Lucene-based search systems. Our services are called over a billion times a day. We provide both an essential service for Wayfair, but also serve as a key lever for growth and customer value. Were looking for an experienced staff engineer to join our team to help us build our next-generation Search & Recommendations platform. The platform models and services created by this team determine what products and content we recommend in real-time to our customers. Were a highly impactful & fully autonomous team. Our models, services and platforms leverage a massive amount of customer and catalog data in realtime to deliver a personalized experience to customers across our website and marketing channels. We have an ambitious set of goals to shape the future of Wayfair and we are looking for senior technical engineers to help accelerate and build upon the results weve delivered so far.
What You'll Do
- Provide technical leadership to a focused team of 5 - 10 engineers
- Work with a broader highly collaborative cross-functional team that includes product managers, data scientists, and analysts.
- Own the technical vision for your workstream.
- Work with a variety of technologies, including Java, Python, Hive, Spark, ElasticSearch, Solr, Kafka, Aerospike, Airflow, RESTful web services, gRPC, Kubernetes, and GCP.
- Build platforms and services that allow us to make realtime ML powered decisions.
- Deliver direct measurable results for our business and customers through improved product recommendations and search results.
What You'll Need
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Language Science or a related engineering discipline
- At least 7 years of experience in a senior engineer or technical lead role.
- Experience developing and designing scalable distributed systems with deep understanding of object oriented design, modern program languages, and design patterns.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, data scientists, analysts and business stakeholders.
- Passion for mentoring and leading peer engineers.
Strong preference for candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Designing and developing recommendation systems and productionalizing ML models for real time decisions.
- Large-scale data processing and event-driven systems and technologies like Kafka, Spark, Storm.
- Solr, Elasticsearch or other lucene-based search systems.
- Natural Language Processing concepts.
- Managing highly-available, stateful services at scale.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From