Staff Engineer - Fulfillment Optimization (Supply Chain Eng)
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
The Supply Chain Engineering (SCE) teams are responsible for all of the systems related to the physical movement of Wayfair products. Our process starts when a customer clicks on a product to see if it is available and continues until the product is delivered to the doorstep of the customer. This includes warehousing, estimating product demand, inventory distribution, domestic and international logistics, and of course order processing and tracking.
The Fulfillment Capabilities team is responsible for collecting and enriching supplier and carrier data to establish predictive ship and delivery duration, leveraging data science applications to assess historical supply chain performance and predict future behavior.
What You'll Do
- Building systems for asynchronous data processing, and establish interfaces for several internal consumer systems.
- Designing and implementing applications with decoupled codebase, deployment, and data stores.
- Provide insights into opportunity areas for the platform, influencing priorities and team roadmaps in close partnership with Engineering and Product leadership.
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence, up-leveling the technical expertise of engineers across Fulfillment Optimization.
- Contribute to the technical development of engineers by mentoring and coaching them through learning opportunities.
What You'll Need
- Broad experience architecting and implementing robust, distributed web applications (7+ years or equivalent track-record).
- Track-record of technical leadership for teams following software development best practices (e.g. SOLID, TDD, GRASP, YAGNI, etc).
- Track-record of being a hands-on developer efficiently building technically sound systems.
- Experience architecting solutions leveraging distributed infrastructure (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) practices and tools (Buildkite, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience building web services with languages and frameworks such as .NET Core, C#, Python, Java or Ruby on Rails.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.