Staff Engineer, Fulfillment Optimization
Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
The Fulfillment Optimization team builds the platforms that determine how customer orders are fulfilled, optimizing for Wayfair profitability and customer delight. A big part of our work revolves around enhancing and scaling customer-facing platforms that provide fulfillment information on our websites, starting at the top of the customer funnel on the search pages all the way through orders being delivered. Throughout this customer journey, we are responsible for maintaining an accurate representation of our dynamic supply chain, determining how different products will fit into boxes, predicting how these boxes will flow through warehouses and trucks, and ultimately surfacing the information our customers need to inform their decision and the details our suppliers and carriers require to successfully execute on the promises made to our customers. We do all of this in milliseconds, thousands of times per second.
What You Will Do:
- Provide technical leadership for a team of 10+ software engineers responsible for the services that connect our optimization algorithm with the rest of Wayfair, including REST APIs and asynchronous data streams.
- Architect and implement robust, well-tested services. Provide technical design and code reviews for peers within your team and across the broader Fulfillment Optimization org.
- Provide insights into opportunity areas for the platform, influencing priorities and team roadmaps in close partnership with Engineering and Product leadership.
- Identify and implement new tools, technologies, and processes to accelerate developer velocity within our teams.
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence, up-leveling the technical expertise of engineers across Fulfillment Optimization.
- Contribute to the technical development of engineers by mentoring and coaching them through learning opportunities.
What Youll Need
- Broad experience architecting and implementing robust, distributed web applications (7+ years or equivalent track-record).
- Track-record of technical leadership for teams following software development best practices (e.g. SOLID, TDD, GRASP, YAGNI, etc).
- Track-record of being a hands-on developer efficiently building technically sound systems.
- Experience building web services with .NET Core and C#.
- Experience with Test Automation and Test Authoring.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) practices and tools (Buildkite, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience architecting solutions leveraging distributed infrastructure (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience leveraging monitoring and logging technologies (e.g. DataDog, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, etc.).
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.