Castlegate Digital Experience (SCE)
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
The Supply Chain Engineering (SCE) teams are responsible for all of the systems related to the physical movement of Wayfair products. Within SCE, our CastleGate team provides a web portal for suppliers to have visibility and accessibility into the Wayfair Supply Chain network. This portal is a fully functional swiss army knife that if you know what to do, you can do it. In the end, we aim to build a more intuitive product that will allow everyone from new suppliers to experienced veterans to be successful.
While this is a fantastic product for our existing base, we now need to bring the product to another segment of smaller suppliers and give them the ability to self service. We also need to unlock the ability for suppliers to discover Castlegate services and set themselves up on the various services we offer. This will allow us to scale our business significantly while reducing expenses and still giving our suppliers a top of the line experience.
What are we looking for?
- We need someone to build a vision with product, design and leadership to help drive the 5 quarter roadmap, balancing technical growth opportunities with feature development for optimal engineering performance and delivery of business value
- This person should be hands on and willing to contribute to the code and architectural planning. The role will require creative problem solving and also the ability to level up our teams innovative spirit.
- While we work through the full stack, we are heavier on the front end of the stack with a strong preference for React, so front end and specifically React experience is a plus. In addition to PHP or Python experience on the back end.
- This person will lead 2 diverse teams with several junior team members - mentor and coaching experience is required
- Castlegate has a lot of opportunities to make technical investments. Being able to think carefully and make trade off decisions about what can be done now and what should be done later will be key to this role.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.