Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, India, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookouts engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookouts category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms(iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
As a Software Engineer on the Security Intelligence team, you will contribute broadly to the detection engines, analysis systems, and other core intellectual property at Lookout. This position is an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in the company and join the team that provides the fundamental technological building blocks of the security platform that underlies Lookouts category-defining personal and enterprise products. These are challenging problems, and you must be open-minded to tackling new exploratory areas as well as evolving and continually improving key existing systems.
We're looking for senior engineers who have experience building, monitoring, and maintaining high-volume, low-latency distributed SaaS solutions. You will be a member of the team that is responsible for a massively scalable platform that enables ingestion of security events, dynamic and near-real-time analysis and delivery of data sets to internal and user-facing applications.
Requirements for this position:
- Strong software engineering fundamentals - Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Desire and ability to work across platforms and languages at all levels of the stack. Functional programming experience is nice to have.
- A strong motivation for self-directed learning when called to take on challenges in areas such as:
- Data analysis
- Scalable distributed systems design
- Real-time analysis of telemetry received from millions of devices.
- A quality-oriented mindset with a strong commitment to automated testing, metrics collection, monitoring, and continuous improvement in all of your work.
- 8+ years of overall development experience in designing/implementing large-scale, distributed. production class software on public cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Ability to drive features from conception to deployment in an agile team with continual delivery.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar Engineering discipline.
Tools that you will work with:
- Primarily Scala, with some Java and occasionally Ruby (in JVM).
- AWS primitives and distributed technologies:
- Storm clusters and a metric ton of EC2.
- Kafka and Spark/Akka/Flink, DynamoDB, Redis.