Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, India, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout's engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookouts category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms (iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
This position is an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in the company. You will be joining the team that provides the fundamental technological building blocks of the mobile client platform that underlies Lookouts category-defining personal and enterprise mobile apps and SDKs, which have millions of daily active users. As a software engineer on this team, you will contribute to Lookouts security and networking stack on the Android and iOS mobile platform. We are looking for senior engineers who have experience building, monitoring and maintaining a mobile framework that operates at scale. You will review the latest mobile operating system updates and plan ahead to support Lookouts Apps and SDKs. Youll strike a fine balance between a high performing security platform and resource (battery/cpu) usage on mobile devices. You will work on features with a cross functional team of expert engineers in different areas pertaining to mobile client, security intelligence, data and cloud services.
- Design, architect, and develop security features for Android
- Research new and innovative ways to securing mobile devices, apps and networks
- Interact regularly with product management, security researchers, designers, and other teams
- Ensure product roadmap is delivered on time with emphasis on quality
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Resolve bugs and conduct code fixes
- Deep experience (minimum 4 solid years) with mobile platform and systems programing languages (e.g. Java, Kotlin, C/C++)
- Knowledge of Android APIs and design patterns
- Proven track record of building system software for desktop, mobile or IoT platforms
- Exceptional architecture, coding & design skills
- Ability to break complex problems down into smaller components that are loosely coupled and testable
- Discipline for testing and automation - unit, functional, integration, etc.
- Stellar communication skills; able to work well with a smart, passionate and growing team
- Experience in any of the following - Mobile platforms/SDKs, security, network programming, MDMs, Secure Containers (MAM) etc is a huge plus
- Must be in the US to be considered; H-1B transfers OK.