Come join a winning team! Here at Imprivata youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our virtual team-building events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team.
As a member of the Revenue and Accounting Team, assist in processing and fulfilling sales orders, customer invoicing, shipping orders daily, monthly close procedures, and sales tax filings for these teams. Must be able to multitask and adjust to changing requirements. Act as first point of contact for administrative support and makes decisions relating to administrative support with minimal supervision. Identify areas to improve our current processes or functional operations and present potential areas of improvement. You will also assist in the processing of revenue and reconciling revenue-related balance sheet accounts and revenue accounts. This person will work cross functionally with Order Administration, as well as other related areas as needed. The Revenue Accountant position will primarily provide support to the Revenue Accounting Manager as well as to the Controller as needed in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance department. This position requires solid skills in financial accounting, reporting, audit, and compliance and the ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced technology environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process customer orders within NetSuite submitted by Sales Operations through SalesForce/Boomi
- Complete customer invoices and provide to Accounts Receivable for customer delivery
- Verify accuracy and completeness of orders as well as adherence to established policies
- Proactively research questions and issues relating to orders and follow up as necessary
- Interact with sales, professional services, renewals, and order administration to ensure identification and documentation of all revenue recognition related matters
- Review and post customer invoices
- Prepare account reconciliations for revenue, deferred revenue and deferred costs
- Prepare all monthly, quarterly, and year end close information and respond to audit requests
- Reconcile bookings, billings and revenue
- Assist in Month-end close: responsible for general ledger month-end expense close; process closing journal entries, maintain completeness and accuracy of general ledger and maintain various account reconciliations
- Tax & compliance: assist with various tax and compliance filings including 1099 reporting, sales tax, VAT returns
- Ad hoc projects/analyses: perform additional financial analyses or projects as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Work experience of 1 to 3 years or recent graduate with solid Accounting/Finance internship experience
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, perform multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, highly proficient in Excel.(e.g., Excel formulas, V-lookups, pivot tables)
- Extremely detail oriented, problem solver and takes accountability for work performed
- Professional self-starter, able to work independently, and has strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with others
- Willingness to take on more responsibilities as needed, and expand knowledge base
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and personal judgment
- Experience with ERP systems, NetSuite a plus
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.