The Staff Accountant is a key member of the finance team of 9. He or she will be responsible for reconciling various accounts and playing a leading role in the monthly close process. This includes creating and maintaining account reconciliations, preparing journal entries and working with members both within and outside the finance team to resolve issues. In addition, this position will be responsible for processing invoices from vendors and managing weekly payment runs. We are seeking a driven individual with strong analytical skills looking to develop their skills in a collaborative environment.
- Reconcile various accounts monthly including intangible & fixed assets and prepaid assets
- Participate in monthly close meeting with greater finance team and provide analytical input
- Obtain approval for invoices without an approved purchase order
- Manage weekly cash disbursement and receipts
- Other close tasks as needed; willing to jump into any area and work as a collaborative team
- Bachelor’s degree in business (Accounting, Finance, or Economics major) from an accredited four-year school or Master’s Degree (or candidate) in noted subjects if Bachelor’s is unrelated.
- Experience in either public accounting (Big 4 or other) or private industry
- Ability to multi-task between multiple assignments
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Strong analytical and communication skills
More Jobs From