Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We have an opportunity for someone to work directly with leading brands around the world to help them accomplish their marketing goals. You will play an integral role in an organization that is building products and online services that promise to transform the way these leading global brands engage with their customers through video.
Brightcove is looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual to work on a variety ofaccounting activities including the month-end close process, review of expense reports, assistance with auditors, commissions and tie-out of financial statements.
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation for the GL monthly close process;
- Participate in the balance sheet reconciliation and review process on a monthly basis
- Assist with the 10-K and 10-Q preparation and tie-out
- Work with external auditors to answer questions and provide supporting documentation relatingto quarterly reviews, annual audits, and SOX control testing
- Participate in the SOX process including the maintenance of SOX narratives, testing of key controls, and communication with both external/internal auditors
- Assist with the quarterly commission calculations and maintain the commission accrual/expense;
- Field questions from the Sales team on their commissions
- Review and approve expense reports according to the Companys T&E rules
- Voucher invoices and record expenses into the accounting system
- Prepare and file the monthly/quarterly sales and use tax filings
- Assist with income tax requests and the review/tie-out of the annual provision
- Participate in other monthly close activities as necessary
- Provide guidance and suggest improvements to the Company's existing processes inareas of responsibility
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Zero to two years of accounting experience
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and adapt to change whilemaintaining high productivity and meeting deadlines
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited vacation and we expect you to use it!