Bevi is a Series B startup bringing customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by 50x over the past 2 years! With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to own the accounts receivable and accounts payable cycles. The ideal candidate has previously worked in the transactional cycles of a start-up software (or hardware) company. The staff accountant will be an integral and critical member of our 4-person Finance team, and will report directly to the Controller.
What you will do
- Ensure customers and distributors are billed on time and with full accuracy
- Diligently follow up and collect on outstanding invoices
- Own the processing and payment of all vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements
- Operate as an individual contributor within the finance team, and collaborate cross-functionally with other departments and teams within Bevi
How you will grow
- Engage with a talented finance team drawn from diverse sectors.
- Learn financial processes and best practices in a high-paced start-up environment
- Hone skills on industry-wide financial platforms and systems
- Deploy your energy and expertise to further the company's mission of sustainability, wellness, and positive personal and environmental change.
We think you will bring
- 2 - 5 years of experience, preferably in a start-up
- Solution-oriented attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced, scaling SaaS/software/hardware environment
- Extreme integrity around timelines and deliverables
- Pride in your work - producing accurate and well-formatted deliverables
A plus if...
- Minimum 2 years' experience owning the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Experience with Excel, Quickbooks, Bill.com, Salesforce, and Netsuite
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
Apply to learn more about what makes Bevi a great place to work and grow!