Bluehost is undergoing a transformation, outwardly and within. Our core mission remains unchangedempowering the ability of the Internet to change lives for the better. Were now building upon two decades of Internet expertise and our WordPress roots to help people to succeed online in ways far beyond web hosting. Within, were transforming how our teams work to learn, build, and ship the work that will be most impactful for our customers and industry.
To help meet these goals and challenges, were hiring a full-time Senior UX Product Designer. Experience with marketing, brand elevation, product strategy, and data conversion are crucial qualifications for this role.
What youll do:
As a Senior Product Designer, youll provide leadership directly and indirectly. Directly, through mentoring other designers and leading initiatives. Indirectly, in helping your team and the larger design org navigate and mature processes for creating their most effective work.
- Understand Working with team, customers, and stakeholders to explore and identify the problem space, including its constraints, opportunities, and contexts. Clearly define and communicate the problems to be solved and desired outcomes to reach.
- Co-create & Facilitate Facilitating design thinking and co-creation from team and stakeholders. Facilitating product vision and discovery by researching, conceiving, wireframing, and prototyping user experiences.
- Implement Translating and refining ideas, feedback, and complex product requirements into effective product solutions. Designing user flows and product interfaces that are simple, effective, and delightful.
- Measure Helping to identify why specific work is being created (this will indicate its success), and measuring its outcomes. Subjecting solutions to early and consistent review and testing. Taking a data-informed approach to your product design decisions.
Who you are:
We want to be our strongest working together. To do this, were looking for folks who can demonstrate:
- Real-world product design experience You have a healthy command of the Product Design discipline, from discovery to execution to validation to measurement, and have applied your craft for 5+ years as a paid professional. (Experience with SaaS or WordPress products is a plus.)
- Effective work management You can successfully manage multiple initiatives and act quickly as ideas, feedback, and needs evolve. You have the ability to set expectations and deliver on them.
- Software development literacy Youve created digital products with teams, and have experience working in Agile Scrum. (Dual Track Agile and front-end coding experience are a plus).
- Data literacy Youre comfortable with analytic tools, knowing how to obtain and use customer data to inform your ideas and decisions and measure your work once in customers hands.
- Design leadership experience You have experience leading and mentoring individuals or groups, directly or indirectly.
- Proactive problem solving - You can create detailed navigation flows, site maps, user stories, wireframes, and interactions that are user-centric and that solve complex experiences.
- Leadership in UX standards - You're skilled at performing interface design critiques and providing objective feedback to designers, and an expert at partnering with team members to drive brilliant digital experiences.
- Design support - You're able to support other Interaction Designers on the team, helping present work to peers, partner teams, and leadership for review and feedback.
- Fantastic communication Your ability to think and communicate clearly is the root of all else: understanding people, working effectively in teams and being able to create impactful work.
- Curiosity and empathy You proactively seek to uncover and understand your customers, both external and internal. You have experience in discovering, defining, and validating customer needs. (Product Discovery expertise is a plus.)
- Healthy design collaboration Creativity in digital products is 100% a team sport. Your expertise isnt a black box where solutions pop out. You help pull the best from those around you and are eager and open to ideas and learnings from others.
This position can be 100% remote.
Some preference for someone who will work out of our Burlington, MA office in the future.
Why you'll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. We have made the decision to stay remote until June 2021 - at the earliest.
- We celebrate one anothers differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues, and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Youll have opportunities to advance. Were fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you wont find a better spot to share your talent. Were dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to help the little guy/gals.
- Weve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements and excellent medical, dental, and vision - were there for you!