Sr. UX Designer
Providence, RI or Framingham, MA
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Bransons famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulses takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulses solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse were passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping peoplebe healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
For this role, you will be part of the Product team, helping to build and shape the future of the leading employee health and wellbeing platform. Our work spans IOS, Android, Web apps, wearable and connected devices, and reaches 2 million + users across 18 languages, for their everyday engagement, behavior change, and success. You enjoya wide mix of work ranging from consumer-style fitness app design to complex back-end admin interfaces, and have experience creating not only end-state UI but also strategic artifacts including taskflows, wireframes, and concepts.
Our UX team within product includes 8 UX designers and 3 user researchers, and reports to the VP of UX Design & Content. You will join a fast-growing team Product team that also includes product managers and strategists in an exciting agile, innovative, and collaborative environment. This role can be based in either Providence, RI, or Framingham, MA. Please submit a portfolio of work samples as a PDF or online link along with your application. Note that this is an individual contributor/non-manager role.
What you bring to the team.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in Product Design and product-oriented UX roles
- BA/BS or MA/MS in design related field, or equivalent experience
- Previous domain experience in Wellbeing, Fitness, and Healthcare a plus
- Experience in data-oriented products and data visualization a plus
- Experience with game design and/or loyalty programs a plus
- Passion for creating useful, usable, engaging user experiences;
- Ability to lead design thinking and workshop facilitation sessions;
- Enjoy both creation of from-scratch concepts and extending existing platform and wayfinding patterns
- Well-versed in both Sketch and InVision;
- Generalist UX chops across information architecture, interaction design, user research, and visual design;
- Excellent written and spoken communicator able to present design decisions in a clear and compelling way;
- Adept and nimble at learning new domains, technologies, and processes;
- Able to thrive as both a heads-down contributor and a heads-up collaborator;
- Work with developers and QA to deliver polished final product
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices - and youre always looking to improve on your process
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- A deep appreciation and talent for simple solutions to complex problems
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.