Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Lead Designer to join our Claim & Invoice team within our flagship clinical practice revenue cycle management (RCM) product, athenaCollector. In this role, youll work closely with both users and cross-functional teams to define, design and test workflows that help clinical and administrative users create, process, review, and submit prior authorizations and referrals as a part of our broader RCM product offering.
You have an eye for design, and the ability to spot small details that others might miss. You love digging into meaty, complex problems, and finding ways to drive incremental improvements that keep us moving towards a long-term vision. You bring curiosity, empathy, and a sense of humor to everything you do, and have the skills to research and envision UX solutions for one or more projects, and work through the details with product managers and developers to make that vision a reality.
The Team: The Claim & Invoice zone helps our clients get paid faster and reimbursed more completely by facilitating the efficient, accurate, and complete capture of patient information and billable data related to patient care.
- Design scalable, clear, logically organized web-based product experiences
- Seek out and incorporate feedback from users and cross-functional team members
- Proactively seek out and foster connections with geographically disparate development and product teams to support cohesion and consistency throughout the user experience
- 5+ years of professional UX or interaction design experience
- Self-directed and comfortable with ambiguity and complexity
- Interest in developing a deep understanding of US healthcare, billing and health insurance
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong user focus, great interaction design, and a superb attention to detail
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From