The Senior Accountant will report to the Manager, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting with significant exposure to the Director, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting. As a Sr. Accountant, you will be part of a high-performing team and will be expected to lead, take ownership for areas of responsibility, and ensure accurate and timely completion of company reporting requirements. This role will provide a variety of opportunities to be visible in the company.
What You Will Do:
- Key contributor of month-end close process including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations and flux analysis related to technical accounting areas including, but not limited to, revenue, leases, internal-use software, investments, and hedging.
- Prepare quarterly external financial statements including equity rollforward, other comprehensive income, and consolidated cash flow statements.
- Assist with the SEC reporting processes to comply with all applicable rules and standards in the preparation of all SEC Filings (10Ks, 10Qs, 8Ks, etc.) as well as the quarterly earnings release.
- Maintain and update XBRL tagging, in Workiva software, in accordance with SEC requirements.
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements and support the implementation efforts.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly reporting packages for senior management.
- Assist with research and analysis of technical accounting issues, as well as development of accounting policy and procedure documents and other research material.
- Interact with external auditors on a variety of topics including technical accounting topics, annual financial audit, and quarterly reviews.
- Ensure compliance of key accounting controls for Sarbanes Oxley purposes.
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Solid technical accounting background and understanding of US GAAP.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Exposure to Oracle EBS, Tableau, Workiva is preferred.
- Must have (soft skills):
- Self-motivated and eagerness to improve everything he/she touches.
- Ability to work in a team environment across various departments or as an individual contributor as needed.
- Detail oriented and commitment to a high level of accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.