We're looking for a creative and energetic Sr. Test Engineer to help us make the future of autonomous systems a reality and to expand our growing global footprint in self-driving cars.
Our AV Test Engineers play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by testing technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers and enable Mobility on Demand (MoD). As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for exceptional engineering talent to perform automotive tests and ensure the safety of our products. Do you enjoy designing and executing R&D testing? Do you have experience with Linux systems on embedded platforms? If the answers are yes, were looking for you.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What youll do:
- Contribute to a high-performance team that fosters a zero-defect, quality first mindset
- Directly impact self-driving vehicles by designing and performing field testing on driving algorithms, identifying potential areas for improvement
- Develop test plans and test cases for various components, including but not limited to the development of simulation test scenarios and closed course test cases for Autonomy features.
- Work with teams to understand test scenarios requirements
- Analyze information and write comprehensive test reports for each test completed.
- Note procedure followed to ensure test fidelity
- Report issues to engineers, vehicle technicians, and management
- Collaborate with the larger team of Autonomy engineers, gaining exposure to multiple engineering disciplines and working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Improve tools/utilities/procedure for unit test, integration test, simulation test, and closed course test
- Collaborate with development teams on automating simulation test scenarios and capabilities
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm
- Build new concepts and groundbreaking solutions that shape the future of mobility
What youll bring:
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related professional experience (or a master's degree).
- Experience with test engineering, recursive testing, and mechatronic system testing.
- Experience with Linux and programming (Python, Bash/Shell)
- Experience in using issue tracking software or tools is preferred (esp. Atlassian Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to think logically and remove bias from evaluation of problems
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Experience in technical writing, technical drawings and documentation of mechatronics systems is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Flexible schedule and willing to attend evening/night meetings
Bonus points (not required):
- Basic understanding of robotics systems including sensors, actuators, mechanical and software systems is a plus
- 1+ years of experience with testing of ADAS subsystems and self-driving features is a plus
- Understanding of automotive product development process (ASPICE) and industry standards such as ISO26262, ISO21448, and ISO9001 is preferred