Sr. Software Engineer in Test
At some point youve probably attended or scheduled a meeting -- maybe it was in a room, on video or over the phone -- then your meeting room gets stolen, you don't have the right resources, or you can't find where you need to be. Finding space and time to communicate can be painful. The problem is easy to understand but difficult to solve. That's where Robin comes in. We build software that coordinates meeting spaces, people and things in your workplace so you can get back to doing your best work.
Based in Boston, the DNA of our eclectic team shapes our culture in a way that means we can show up to work as our whole selves. Our values guide the way we treat our customers, our coworkers and our candidates. We are intentional with our words and actions. Were helpful. And at the end of the day, we're all united by the mission of modernizing the open office so that businesses (like HubSpot, Twitter, Bumble and Kayak) are more enjoyable places to walk into each day, including our own.
After raising $20 million in Series B funding, we're growing quickly (2x in 2019). In the past, engineers at Robin have been responsible for the quality of their own code. Were excited about our decision to invest in some full-time quality-focused hiring. As Robins first Software Engineer in Test, youll work as part of an integrated team of Developers, Designers, and a Product Manager to develop products used in thousands of offices around the world.
Work youll be responsible for:
- Improving the quality of our service by only writing tests and testing frameworks
- Partnering across engineering and DevOps teams to improve the quality of their code and tests.
- Writing automation tests, including by not limited to API, mobile, security, and regression testing.
- A technologist. You are not married to specific technologies or languages. Choosing the right tool for the job even if that means learning it first.
- Collaborative. You welcome feedback from your co-workers. You enjoy contributing to the open source community.
- Eager. You are hungry to learn. Our team intentionally invests time in teaching each other.
- Determined. You are someone who likes to break things but you also dont mind pitching in with a code fix when you find the root cause.
Experience you already have:
- Several years in a software testing role for a SaaS company
- Writing automated tests and frameworks
- Testing and using REST APIs (GraphQL a plus)
- Working with Selenium, Cypress or similar browser automation frameworks
- Querying and working with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Working with continuous integration & delivery tools such as Github and Jenkins
Were creating the smart office of the future. Wed love to have you be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and handicap accessible.