iRobot is seeking a Software Engineer in Test. This software engineer will develop software test automation to enhance regression, continuous integration, and smoke test environments, and work closely with product developers to create, execute, and automate tests. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, automation, delivering great products - all, while inventing the future.
What You Will Do
- Promote and implement automation capabilities throughout the SW development lifecycle
- Develop and execute test automation using Python including functional, performance, scale, and stress test.
- Work alongside developers and functional testers to define, create, and automate tests, triage defects, and effectively communicate parameters for rapid reproduction and fix.
- Communicate issues to developers through direct communication, use of bug tracking system, triage abilities, etc.
- Effectively communicate results and issues to developers, managers, and program teams
To Be Successful You Will Have
- Passion for SW test automation and a familiarity with test, build and delivery of software
- Excellent Python development skills and a familiarity with a Linux environment
- 4+ years experience in software test and test automation
- API automation testing including working experience with test frameworks
- Robotics: embedded systems for control, navigation, manipulation, sensors, video
- Communications: wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, Cloud environment
- OS: Linux, Windows, MacOS
- Test Management systems
- Agile methodology development processes (e.g. Scrum)
- Network management and troubleshooting
- Work experience with version control systems (preferably git)
The strongest candidates exhibit the following qualities:
- Self-motivated, adaptive fast learner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Collaborate with other team members to solve develop robust solutions to complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Team engagement, able to bridge the gap between product developers, functional testers, and automation developers
In Return You Can Expect
- To be welcomed as an integral part of a team building the next generation of robots
- Supportive environment to learn and grow
More Jobs From