Office Tour Photos
Senior Software Engineer
Shopping for your business is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case its visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 14 million products: Home furnishings, dcor, business improvement, housewares, and more. Our software engineering teams work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like theyve found the perfect item for them. Shopping for your business should be exciting, and were the team that makes that happen.
Each Storefront Engineering group, covers one major portion of the purchase funnel. The Storefront Team is growing quickly and with that growth, its important to maintain velocity and stability.
What will you do?
- Learn about, and balance the needs of three important parties our customers, the professionals we connect them with, and our internal teams who ensure the process runs smoothly from end-to-end.
- These teams position is middleware to back-end focus.
- Help to lead your team, including mentoring, coaching and planning sprints.
- Help chart the course for an early stage startup business within Wayfair.
- Write code that is seen by millions of customers a day.
- The ability to solve problems and be solution oriented.
- Be a part of the team that is leading the market in delivering the most delightful online shopping experience for home furnishings in a quickly changing landscape.
How will you be challenged?
- Co-writing your teams roadmap, in collaboration with product managers, engineers on your team, and various stakeholders.
- Contribute to software architecture and technology choices. Running point on large projects, and ensuring the engineering voice is heard among all the teams contributing to a single project.
- Tackling the unique challenges of building a new two-sided marketplace within a fast-growing ecommerce company, while architecting and leading major initiatives.
- Improve product quality and developer velocity by challenging existing practices and helping set new standards.
- Work on problems of scale we have a global audience, thus you will help build systems that are highly performant, reliable, and fault tolerant for users across the US, Canada, and Europe.
- Mentor for junior engineers on the team.
- Be a part of a billion-dollar plus revenue team to help increase that number as well as repeat buyer rate for the business.
- Focusing on a different customer set (B2B) in a $100b total adjustable market
- Simplifying the order-to-payment connection
- Testing to add to cart rate
- Implement push notifications for customer orders
- Improving current invoice and delivery systems for B2B clients and customers
- Differentiate experience to personalize for every customer.
Who you Are:
- You have an Undergraduate Degree or Masters Degree in computer science or a related field.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience as a full stack software engineer and have a good understanding of web technology stack.
- You care about your team. Storefront is a highly collaborative team, with full-stack engineers, front-end engineers, app engineers, product managers, and testers built in to every team. You learn together and focus on facts and data to drive decisions.
- You care about the customer. At the end of the day, were creating delightful experiences for both our customers and the third party professionals and service providers we connect them with. Its not just about executing on a project specification handed to you by a stakeholder, but about working together to figure out exactly what the customer wants, and delivering it to them.
- The ability to troubleshoot and be a great ambassador to your fellow teammates along with having fantastic communication skills.
GitHub link: https://github.com/wayfair
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home and business. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their businesses. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From