The Team: The Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Engineering teams at Wayfair are building cutting edge intelligent systems that utilize big data at massive scale to help drive our world-class ad tech systems. Through real-time tracking and personalization, we've engaged millions of shoppers daily to fuel our phenomenal growth in a multi-billion-dollar business.
The Technology: We believe in using the right tools for the job. As such, we leverage Java for big data and stream processing at scale, and Python for our systems with a large machine learning component. Youll find that open source frameworks such as Apache Spark, Storm, and Kafka comprise a large part of our infrastructure, and that we balance the adoption of new technologies to fill needs with a pragmatic focus that allows us to be extremely effective at delivering massive value to the business.
The Role: As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join one of our core platform teams as a key contributor to the development of our technology and will be expected to:
- Provide high quality contributions to the code base, with a mind to best practices and an equally high degree of autonomy.
- Work with senior leadership to ensure that we deliver the right functionality in a timely manner.
- Mentor junior engineers to develop the next generation of Wayfair engineering.
- In this hands-on role, you will see the results of your work as it fuels improved customer understanding, enables new functionality in our ad tech stack, and improves business outcomes.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to own a part of Wayfairs success, absolutely required.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, other Engineering discipline or Data Science, with five (5) years experience in software development, or alternatively an MS with at least two (2) years' of experience. Java and/or Python experience preferred.
- Experience with big data, streaming technologies and/or RESTful web service development preferred.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.