Sr. Software Engineer
SHYFT was founded on a simple yet powerful idea through powerful analytics find meaningful patterns in complex data that impacts and shapes the future of healthcare. Over the last decade our technology has played a critical part in changing how companies connect and visualize healthcare information. As a leader in this quickly evolving industry, a career at SHYFT offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing company.
As a pivotal member of the Product Engineering team, the Senior Software Engineer develops modern, web-based applications that deliver integrated data and guided analytics using commercial and clinical data to help improve the efficiency of the healthcare ecosystem. While working in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment, including dedicated UI/UX experts, you will have the autonomy to build solutions that resolve complex problems and bring to market enterprise grade products offering consumer class experience and design.
- Build the next generation of our web and mobile products with advanced visualizations
- Enhance and modify web applications to ensure best practices, performance, scalability, security, and optimal user experience
- Research, design, and develop proof-of-concept projects using the latest and most advanced technologies
- Efficiently communicate project status, issues and resolutions in a timely manner
- Mastery of object-oriented techniques, design patterns, and software integrations
- Eager to build great applications and attack difficult problems in creative ways
- Enthusiastic to learn new skills, technologies, and techniques
- Proven ability to design, develop, implement, and deliver high-quality code in a timely manner
- Ability to work well as part of a small, highly focused development team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with designing and developing UI for performance and capacity of web-based, multi- tenant, Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- Interest and understanding of CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices
- Writing tests for code quality, code reliability, and maximum test coverage
- Experience with C#
- Good understanding of relational databases (SQL)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with mobile app development; iOS preferred
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience creating BI dashboards, multiple chart types, trends, and KPIs to enhance clinical and commercial decision support
Education / Experience Requirement
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or any other related academic discipline.
- 5+ years proven experience working as a software engineer or web developer in diverse environments.
- Competitive compensation
- Generous rewards program
- Unlimited PTO
- Holiday pay
- AD&D and Life Insurance
- Company Outings/Social Events
SHYFT Analytics, a Medidata company, is the leading platform for commercial and real-world data analytics, with products designed specifically for the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industry. SHYFTs data analytics platform is the most efficient and scalable way to transform massive amounts of complex healthcare data into on-demand clinical and commercial insight. SHYFT is headquartered in Boston with offices in San Francisco and New York City. Learn more about SHYFT atwww.shyftanalytics.com, or follow the company on Twitter@SHYFTAnalyticsorLinkedIn.
WE NOTE THAT THE ABOVE JOB POSTING IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPREHENSIVE JOB DESCRIPTION. IT IS A BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE SALIENT FEATURES OF THE POSITION OFFERED. A COMPREHENSIVE JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE PROVIDED SHOULD THE CANDIDATE RECEIVE A JOB OFFER FROM THE COMPANY.