Senior Software Engineers personify the notion of constant improvement as they work with their team to build software that delivers on our mission to improve student outcomes. You’re not afraid to try new things even if they don’t work out as expected. You are independent, self-directed, high energy and as eager to contribute to your team as you are to progress on your own path to software craftsmanship. You’ll thrive working in a fast-paced, low friction environment where you are exposed to a wide range of cutting edge technologies.
- Work collaboratively as part of a software development team producing the code that matters to the students and teachers who use HMH products and services.
- Eagerly learn and apply new cutting edge technologies.
- Contribute to our engineering culture and ever-improving concept of engineering best practices.
Successful Candidates must demonstrate an appropriate combination of:
- Minimum 4 years of experience with at least two years of developing web applications using modern web frameworks like React JS, Angular and Bootstrap
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Logical and systematic problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in both small and large teams and cross-functional environments while contributing to the larger goals of an engineering team. You know how to make your team better one step at a time.
- Full understanding of Agile software development methodologies and practices.
- Strong communication skills — both verbal and written.
- Passionate curiosity and a desire to a learn and grow throughout your career
Extensive experience developing customer-facing applications for browser-based or mobile delivery using:
- Behavior-driven or test-driven development
- User Interface frameworks such as Angular and React
- Other application frameworks such as Redux
- Unit-testing frameworks such as Jest and end-to-end testing frameworks such as TestCafe
- Architectural concepts such as event-driven programming
- Functional programming concepts and techniques such as closures, lambdas and currying
- Event-driven programming models including ES6 Promises
- Strongly typed dynamic languages such as TypeScript
- Development tools such as GitHub, Jira, Jenkins and Yarn
- Cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
More Jobs From