Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Sr. Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer will act as a technical lead for project team(s) or a solution or conformance review in the development of Agile stories. Additional responsibilities include the design, coding and/or configuring solutions for high complexity Agile stories across multiple domains or platform areas, and the creation of a conceptual design/architecture for large scale software solutions.
- Acts as the technical lead in one or more of the following ways: For one or more project teams as the primary individual responsible for code and technical solution quality OR For a solution or conformance review as the primary individual responsible for ensuring all key quality concerns are raised for a project
- Designs, codes, and/or configures solutions for high complexity Agile stories independently across multiple domain or platform areas.
- Creates a conceptual design/architecture for large scale software solutions in collaboration with an architect.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to more junior software engineers.
- Debugs and resolves high complexity software bugs or issues, working independently, and finds the real root cause and provide a fix without collateral damage.
- Writes automated unit and integration-level tests under own direction.
- Follows development standards and effectively demonstrate technical solutions to other developers in code reviews.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree, or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Computer Information Sciences, and/or related field
- Total Work Experience: 12+ years (software development), 8 years minimum
- Leadership Experience: 3 years minimum, 5 years preferred
- Product Experience: 6 years minimum; 8 years preferred
- Domain Experience: 6 years minimum; 8 years preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Expert in Object-oriented design, Java or .NET development, Relational OLTP queries and Relational database design
- Expert in Duck Creek Policy or Billing or Claims or Engagement (AP) or Data Insights
- Understands how the Duck Creek Suite operates with an understanding of all the applications.
- Excels in the ability to manage deadlines, communicate in a team, and operate independently with guidance
- Expert in how to estimate, analyze, and the Software Product Development Lifecycle with Agile methodology
- Excels in Insurance domain knowledge
- Travel: 0-10%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met