Sr. Software Engineer
ClearCompany is a Boston, San Francisco, and Fort Collins-based provider of cloud-based talent software used by over 2000 companies across the US. As a small/startup company, ClearCompany provides an outstanding opportunity to develop entrepreneurial leadership skills in a practical, results-based environment where every contribution has a visible impact on the bottom line. Now in our 11th consecutive year of double-digit growth, ClearCompany delivers a robust product line and business model with proven success in the market.
Ideas over Egos
Looking for a position where your input can really make a difference? Want to work with the latest technologies? Need to work at a company cares about its engineers and strongly believes in collaborative design? We're a focused, fast growing and profitable software company with a large-scale multi-tenant B2B SaaS platform and one unique opportunity.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be a major contributor to the build out of both new products and the enhancement and maintenance of existing products. You'll also bring your unique perspectives to a very collaborative development environment and learn from some of the best in the business. Wondering what the first year on the job looks like? Well here's a glimpse:
- Contribute to multiple major product development initiatives (and probably lead a few of those efforts, too!)
- Work with an array of modern technologies
- Join one of our engineering pods and contribute to the habits of highly successful engineers
- Provide critical mentorship to more junior engineers to help grow their skill sets
- Collaborate with people across the organization to truly understand the needs of our customers
What We're Looking For
Great engineers can pick up new technologies quickly. If you don't have experience with all of these but still think you'd be awesome at this job, make sure to tell us why in your cover letter. We promise we’ll read it.
- 5+ years of web application development using a C-based language (C#, Java, Go, etc)
- Experience with message queues, Elasticsearch, AWS or Azure
- Solid knowledge of CSS and how selectors and responsive design are done
- Strong SQL knowledge and database design best practices
- Eager to take ownership and responsibility for a product from design through development, testing, release, and maintenance
- Knowledge of how to build secure web applications and how to prevent vulnerabilities
- Problem-solving mentality and the ability to quickly distill difficult concepts into easy-to-understand stories
- Knack for elegant, extensible and maintainable software design
- Driven, self-starter with a high comfort level working autonomously
What Do You Get?
There are countless reasons to join the ClearCompany team. Here are just a few:
- Help build a world-class organization, shape the future of our engineering team, our product, and our company
- Join an established and profitable company with the culture and heart of a startup
- Work on and scale a platform that requires high availability and is used by tens of thousands of users at any given time
- Competitive pay, bonus, equity, excellent benefits, and 401k match
- Multiple rotating kegs, a selection of tasty bourbons, bagel Wednesdays and cold brew on tap
- Work life balance, flexible work schedule and a generous parental leave policy - we don't want to burn you out
ClearCompany is an equal opportunity employer. We support and encourage diversity.