Office Tour Photos
The Endpoint Engineering team is responsible for Carbonite’s core products. The solutions we build are installed on over 1.5 million machines worldwide and backup petabytes of data to the cloud. We like solving big problems and we are looking for an Engineer to be the responsible for design, development and enhancement of Endpoint products. The ideal candidate has a desire to dig into complex issues and hit the ground running.
As a Software Engineer on the Endpoint team, you will be part of the team that is driving Carbonite’s success. The code you write will be used by millions of people. You will have the opportunity to help us choose key technologies and drive critical design decisions for our Windows and Mac products. You will work with an outstanding group of peers and you will be part of an agile team that is continuously improving.
Your First Six Months:
- Develop a solid understanding of the architecture of the Endpoint server backup product
- Build and debug Carbonite’s flagship Safe products (Windows/Mac C++)
- Take an issue all the way through our process of development, testing, through release
- Work with quality assurance resources to automate testing
- Triage and develop solutions for issues escalated from Operations to our team
- Participate and contribute on a collaborative agile team
- Analyze and address complex issues/projects on Windows/Mac application stacks
- Work with customer service and operations to understand issues
- Champion and demo enhancements to team
- Develop solid knowledge of continuous integration environment
- Propose enhancements to internal processes and application stack
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
- Great communication skill and a desire to learn
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent, 5+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years experience with C++
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with agile development processes
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing on Windows and or Mac is a plus
- Experience with C# and or Azure is a plus
Carbonite was launched with a clear goal: Provide easy-to-use, secure and affordable online backup to the consumer market. Today we are a leading provider of data protection, with a comprehensive portfolio of solutions purpose-built for consumers, small and midsized businesses with a global network of partners including VARs, MSPs and OEMs.
Together with Webroot—acquired by Carbonite in 2019—we provide end-to-end data resilience. Our company vision is to safeguard people and businesses from the cost and consequences of data loss and cyber threats. We deliver on that vision with powerful antivirus protection plus easy-to-use backup and recovery services.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our 1600 employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at Carbonite.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. Carbonite is growing fast, and we’re currently looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
More Jobs From