Office Tour Photos
The Endpoint Engineering team is responsible for Carbonite’s core products. The solutions we build are installed on over 1.5 million machines worldwide and backup petabytes of data to the cloud. We like solving big problems and we are looking for an Engineer to be the responsible for design, development and enhancement of Endpoint products. The ideal candidate has a desire to dig into complex issues and hit the ground running.
As a Software Engineer on the Endpoint team, you will be part of the team that is driving Carbonite’s success. The code you write will be used by millions of people. You will have the opportunity to help us choose key technologies and drive critical design decisions for our Windows and Mac products. You will work with an outstanding group of peers and you will be part of an agile team that is continuously improving.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Develop a solid understanding of the architecture of the Endpoint server backup product
- Build and debug Carbonite’s flagship Safe products (Windows/Mac C++)
- Take an issue all the way through our process of development, testing, through release
- Work with quality assurance resources to automate testing
- Triage and develop solutions for issues escalated from Operations to our team
- Participate and contribute on a collaborative agile team
- Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Lead a major project and guide the team on implementation tasks
- Analyze and address complex issues/projects on Windows/Mac application stacks
- Work with customer service and operations to understand issues
- Champion and demo enhancements to team
- Develop solid knowledge of continuous integration environment
- Propose enhancements to internal processes and application stack
Key Challenges to Overcome:
For a developer on our team, it is key to internalize the values of developing robust, testable, automated, scalable software. The key driver for this team is to protect our customer’s data and all our development should reflect that goal.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- The ability to articulate and defend an informed opinion on important topics
- Demonstrated leadership in working with cross-functional teams
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in developing and debugging multi-threaded distributed applications
- Significant development experience with C++
- Production experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience working with SQL Server
- Experience with agile development processes
- Experience developing on Windows and or Mac is a plus
- Experience with C# and or Azure is a plus
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
More Jobs From