Sr Software Development Integrations Engineer in Test at Vertica (U.S. - REMOTE)
Senior Software Development Integrations Engineer in Test at Vertica (U.S. - REMOTE)
Location: Remote Eligible, anywhere within the U.S.
Vertica believes that each of us knows the work environment that makes us the most productive. Thats why we provide our employees with the ability to work how and where they will be the most successful. We enable a flexible approach to work location, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office or from home, or a combination of both, but you make that choice including where you choose to live. Vertica invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments to empower employees to work productively in the setting that meets their personal needs. Thats why were so proud to have a highly productive and engaged team in every function of the company.
About your role
The Vertica QA team, located in Cambridge, seeks a Senior Integrations in Test Engineer with experience building a production systems application who can provide leadership, knowledge, guidance, and mentoring to our QA team in testing the most popular integrations in use with Vertica today.
The Vertica Analytics Database Platform is enterprise software used by engineers in data driven organizations to build powerful analytics applications in every business vertical imaginable. In this role, you will facilitate the testing of multiple libraries, tools and integration projects that help make it easier for our customers to build data-driven applications and solutions with data managed by Vertica. An ideal candidate for this role would have experience as a Developer, DevOps Engineer or Developer in Test, ideally with hands-on experience combining Vertica with other technologies in meaningful ways.
Using your knowledge of big data and software development practices, you will plan and facilitate the testing of the use of our client libraries (such as ODBC and JDBC) and a number of client-adjacent integrations, each of which are implemented in a different programming language & technology context. The real pathway to success will be diving in and understanding a particular technology stack and its programming language, relating it to our current process and then applying the ideas and patterns in new contexts.
It's an exciting time to join the team! Vertica is growing quickly to meet the high demand for Big Data solutions, and this role offers a chance to direct quality assurance and shape customers experience with Vertica.
- 4+ years of experience as a Engineer in Test, a Developer, or a DevOps engineer
- Bachelor, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Strong working knowledge of C++ and comfort pivoting between multiple programming languages as needed in specific projects (primarily Java and Python)
- Experience with ODBC clients
- Excellent rapport when working with cross functional teams that including development, QA, documentation and product management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and communication
- Hands-on experience building or testing Vertica integrations
- Experience working with Java, Python or other OO languages
- Experience in both low-level operating system functionality (e.g. memory/IO/Disk/CPU/resource management, multi-threading) as well as high-level application level software.
- Familiarity with Apache Kafka and Spark
- Orchestration & security configuration of distributed services as part of test preparation
- Packaging, testing semantics and Linux toolchain knowledge
About our team
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.
About our product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the worlds most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status