Sr. Software Developer - AMAZON ALEXA Machine Learning Team
Join the team building Alexa and be a part of revolutionizing the way that people interact with devices in their home, their electronics and Amazon products and services. You will collaborate with developers and scientists working with Machine Learning and Spoken Language Understanding solutions to make Alexa smarter and provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo, Echo Show, and Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying distributed machine learning systems and large-scale data mining solutions for NLU. In this, you will collaborate closely with a team of speech and ML scientists to influence our overall strategy, and define the team’s road map. A successful candidate will have some experience with large scale software systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 7+ years of industry experience with at least some experience as team lead or architect
· 7+ years of experience in at least one object-oriented language (e.g., Java, Python, C/C++)
· Experience with machine learning, big data or large scale distributed systems for commercial online services
· Advanced degree (MS, PhD)
· Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive
· Experience developing machine learning software and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
· Experience in data modeling and analysis, especially with distinctive data sources
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.