The Sr. Salesforce Administrators role is to analyze, design, develop, test and launch efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of our salesforce.com investment.
They will share implementation best practices and recommends solution alternatives
The position is in Boston, Massachusetts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage with business stakeholders to gather & analyze requirements, propose solutions that leverage Salesforce functionality and best practices
- Provide support for Salesforce information systems
- Consults with and provides guidance to Salesforce partners regarding effective systems design and tool deployment
- Supports the company's Salesforce System, via implementations, enhancements, integrations, configuration, issue resolution, security administration, testing and other technical projects as assigned
- Configure Salesforce.com custom objects, custom fields, workflows, installed packages, etc. and all other tasks as assigned
- Evaluate new Salesforce releases and applications, participate in plans for their implementation, and remain current with Salesforce administration best practices
- Participate in the evolution of team best practices, standards and policies
- Act as a team member of major and minor business system programs for key HMH initiatives
Skills & Requirements:
This person is a self-motivated individual with excellent organization skills who possesses:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Work with the Sales and Customer Success organizations on ad hoc reporting, dashboard creation or modifications, lead and opportunity related issues and system configurations.
- Work with the Marketing organization to help manage campaigns & leads.
- Maintain overall Salesforce system configuration in production and a sandbox environment.
- Where required, act as project manager on new system deployments or major system changes.
- Work to reconcile and correct data duplication issues.
- Perform org customization of fields, page layouts and custom tabs, objects and applications.
- Setup new users based on Roles and Profiles and deactivate users upon request.
Identify platform issues and craft technical resolutions and communication plans to remedy.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years Salesforce.com administration experience required, preferably in a highly customized, complex, 1000+ user environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Certified Salesforce System Administrator required. Certified Advanced Administrator preferred.
- Experience with CPQ, Communities Cloud and Lightning preferred.
- Confident in manipulating large amounts of data while understanding related object/field functions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency with Apex Data loader and Demand Tools highly desired.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is committed to a comprehensive policy of Equal Opportunities and we aim to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employee
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
More Jobs From