Office Tour Photos
As a member of the Operational Excellence Department, this key position will assist with the oversight and implementation of the enterprise wide systems and process transformational roadmap by planning, leading, implementing, and monitoring projects or initiatives to improve efficiency and reduce errors through the application of process improvement tools. This position will focus on improving business processes with goals of adding revenue, reducing costs, increasing efficiency, eliminating waste, defects, and other non-value added or duplicate efforts, with a continuous focus on improved customer experience. This position will spend 90-100% of time leading cross functional projects for the enterprise.
This position is responsible for providing senior level program management leadership and strategic planning and execution to Global Supply Chain and Enterprise initiatives. The Program Manager provides leadership and builds partnerships across business and technology teams to achieve objectives. The Program Manager is also responsible for preparing and communicating reliable Program plans and status and successfully managing risk in accordance with project management best practices. Depending on the nature & scope of the assignment, the individual may also be required to capitalize on his / her business experiences to assess, refine, stabilize, or optimize critical end to end enterprise processes. The candidate should have systems analysis and enterprise systems implementation expertise which will be required to achieve organizational objectives. The individual is expected to provide guidance and mentoring to junior staff members as appropriate especially in the areas of continuous improvement and Lean Six Sigma methodologies. By completing and managing a portfolio of strategic process improvement projects the Operational Excellence Partner will drive organizational change and influence a culture of sustained and continuous process improvement across the HMH enterprise.
1. Ability to work autonomously under strategic direction only. Demonstrates strong competency in core functions related to leadership, collaboration, and management.
2. Demonstrates expert organizational, observational, management and communication skills. Understands audience and matches communication methods accordingly.
3. Ability to build strong Partnerships across the enterprise to achieve objectives. Encourages cross-functional solution development.
4. Expert facilitation and negotiation skills required. Recognized ability to lead stakeholders towards common purpose.
5. Promotes self and team learning opportunities. Expects and drives personal & organizational excellence.
6. Self-starter and demonstrates flexibility.
7. Strong competency with MS Office Suite, MS Project, Visio, Excel, & Collaboration tools (SharePoint etc.)
8. Proven experience in supply chain related functions and processes is preferred.
9. Enterprise systems analysis and project management experience in implementation of large scale enterprise systems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience, Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in senior or lead level roles
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Can be located at any of the HMH offices
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
More Jobs From