We are seeking a Senior Program Manager who is looking for more than just a job. The right person for us is someone one who comes to work with a purpose – someone who wants to do work that matters – to themselves, their team, and their organization. We want a self-motivated, driven Senior Program Manager who “gets it done, whatever it takes,” and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Do you relish accountability rather than avoid it? “That’s not my job” is not part of your vocabulary? Enjoy challenges? Are you ready to make a meaningful impact in an exciting and growing company? Are you looking to utilize your knowledge and skills to help an exciting company grow? We need to interview each other.
As Senior Program Manager, you will play a central role in helping to support the organizations financial processes and systems. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented individual with a proven track record as a strategic planner and organizer, and one who can thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. One of the key initiatives this role will help support is an ERP integration into SAP. This is a large and complex program composed of multiple sub projects and cross functional initiatives. The finance team will be a key stakeholder in this project and will have significant involvement in helping to coordinate efforts related to data migration and retention, process design, change management, and training. The role will interact with all levels of project team members, subject matter experts, management and leadership throughout the company.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
Your First Six Months:
- Serve as the key internal point of contact for finance related key deliverables, timelines and guidance for ERP migration project and ongoing business initiatives.
- Coordinate and develop finance detailed project plans that support the success of the larger ERP initiative and include items such as: defining requirements, milestones, budget, deliverables, and success metrics.
- Work closely with departmental subject matter experts to ensure their buy-in is incorporated into project plans and solutions.
- Report to key executive sponsors, stakeholders and team members on program/project status and progress including continually managing project expectations.
- Develop awareness of cross-team dependencies to identify potential risks or issues.
- Assist in data migration efforts for legacy systems and ensure completeness of data transfer occurs.
- Help design and coordinate change management processes and communication.
- Assist in the design and execution of UAT and QA testing plans.
- Facilitate training and process documentation to support transition.
- Ensure ERP go-live is a success and that there is minimal down time and impact to the finance organization.
- Work with management to define key initiatives and lead those projects from start to finish.
- Solve problems through both quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive improvements and change.
- Become the “go to” for status and visibility for Finance related projects, both within the department and across the organization.
Key Challenges to Overcome
- Building cross functional relationships to effectively gather information and support programs
- Proactively identify potential risks and address any impediments.
- Communicate status and risks to stakeholders.
- Identify project dependencies and gain commitment from all involved.
- Prioritize workload to optimize output for company strategy and goals.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- An ability to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- Being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
- Ability to consistently make good decisions and accept responsibility for mistakes.
- Facilitate prioritization, ensuring initiatives deliver the most critical/impactful results on time, while ensuring less urgent but important work is not neglected.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and positive attitude, all built on foundation of strong ethics.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or Information Systems
- Strong project management and organizational skills, PMP certification is a plus
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills with demonstrable successes
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across disciplines
- Track record of success in fast-paced environments