Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, pork raised crate-free, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About the Role
As a Senior Product Manager - Growth & Retention at ButcherBox, reporting to our Director of Product, you will be a critical leader on the Product & Member Experience team and will be responsible for continually evolving and improving our core customer products with a focus on conversion, retention and engagement. You will be obsessed with user’s needs and experiences, removing friction and enabling visitors and members to quickly find and experience value within ButcherBox.
This role will balance the needs of our members, our business, and our internal partners in executing against the product and experience vision and supporting roadmap that you help define. You will focus on optimizing our member experience and the supporting metrics, relying on business and member insights as well as experimentation and analysis to guide your decisions. You love to focus on numbers, but know that you can’t solely rely on data to create amazing products & experiences.
You are curious, empathetic, humble, driven and able to evaluate problems from multiple angles and points of view.
- Serve as a Senior Product Manager for a set of key product areas of the member experience
- Seek out and identify opportunities, objectives, initiatives and outcomes in your product area -- managing, prioritizing and executing a product roadmap while ensuring it aligns with the company strategy and goals
- Collaborate with internal partners, including senior leadership, to prioritize impactful initiatives and set expectations
- Translate product strategy into initiatives, requirements and tests, breaking down into user stories and sprints for achievable timelines
- Collaborate with engineers to launch new features and improvements using Agile tools and processes
- Work with Customer Insights team to collect and analyze user research along with customer and stakeholder feedback to drive personalization strategy, solution concepting, experiments, improvements and new features
- Work in a product & engineering squad structure to create, test, measure and monitor feature launches in order to continually iterate and optimize using both quantitative and qualitative data
- Work with our UX/UI team to design rich, seamless, and testable customer-centric prototypes and experiences
- Gain and maintain strong knowledge of market trends, customer insights, emerging/ground-breaking technologies, and advancement in digital, social & mobile applications across the potential market to drive purposeful growth and retention innovation for members and the business
- 4+ years of experience building and leading digital products
- Experience in Consumer E-commerce product management, preferably subscription e-commerce
- Customer-centric and analytical approach to product management
- Self-starter and proven track record of planning, measuring and shipping successful products
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and a relationship builder
- Strong project management skills and expertise in Agile/Scrum processes and Jira software
- Ability to understand technical components and partner with Engineering to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Familiarity with third party product, data, and engineering tools and ability to learn new tools quickly
- Experience directly or indirectly managing less experienced product managers
- Experience with Segment, Contentful, Gatsby, Heap, and/or Optimizely, preferred
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. We value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the foreseeable future\
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match and an annual discretionary performance bonus
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for gym membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure all individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.