Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, heritage-breed pork, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About the Role
As a Sr. Product Manager at ButcherBox, reporting to our Director of Product, you will be a critical leader on the Member Experience team who will be responsible for continually evolving and improving our core product and the supporting ecosystem. You will balance the needs of our members, our business, and our internal partners in executing against the product roadmap that you help define.
You will focus on optimizing our entire experience, relying on business and member insights as well as experimentation and analysis to guide your decisions. You will also look for ways to improve our internal tools to improve workflows and efficiencies, with a lens towards always having a positive impact on our member experience. You are curious, empathetic, and able to evaluate problems from multiple angles and points of view.
- Serve as a product owner for a set of key products and areas
- Identify opportunities, objectives, initiatives and outcomes in your product area -- managing, prioritizing and executing a product roadmap while ensuring it aligns with the company strategy and goals
- Collaborate with internal partners, including senior leadership, to prioritize impactful initiatives and setting expectations
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and break down into user stories and sprints for achievable timelines
- Collaborate with engineers to launch new features and feature improvements, internal tools, and enhancements to our platform using Agile tools and processes
- Work with Customer Insights team to collect and analyze user research along with customer and stakeholder feedback to drive solution concepting, experiments, improvements and new features
- Partner with Product Analyst, UX, and Customer Insights team to measure and monitor results of feature launches in order to continually iterate and optimize using both quantitative and qualitative data
- Work with our UX/UI team to develop rich, seamless, and testable customer-centric prototypes and experiences
- Gain and maintain strong knowledge of market trends, customer insights, emerging/ground-breaking technologies, and advancement in digital, social & mobile applications across the potential market
- 4+ years of experience building and leading digital products across mobile, desktop & tablet
- E-commerce and technical product management experience
- Customer-centric and analytical approach to product management
- Self-starter and proven track record of planning and shipping successful products
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong project management skills and expertise in Agile process and Jira software
- Ability to understand technical components (including third party-platforms, internal platforms, database structures, and event architecture) and partner with Engineering to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Familiarity with third party product, data, and engineering tools and ability to learn new tools quickly
- Agile/Scrum certification & experience working in a squad structure
- Experience with Segment, Contentful, Gatsby, Heap, and/or Optimizely
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. We value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the foreseeable future
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match, employee stock options, and an annual discretionary performance bonus
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for gym membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure all individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.