Sr. Product Design (UX) Manager- Computer Vision
Are you constantly looking for the intersection of customer goals and business needs? Do you thrive when you encourage creatives to deliver the best work of their careers? Do you think hiring someone with a different point of view from yours makes for a stronger team? Have you recently been told that you incessantly ask Why?
If you answered Yes! to the above, weve got to meet.
Were the product design team at Wayfair, and were tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. From finding that perfect item via AR to scheduling installation services, were solving new problems every day in our online and offline experiences for our tens of millions of customers.
As a Senior Product Design Manager for Computer Vision, youll be responsible for leading a team of designers working on some of Wayfairs most exciting and interactive tools. This team leverages the latest in machine learning to assist our customers in finding just what theyre looking for and confidently creating a home they love! As the manager of this team, youll have the opportunity to grow the careers of young talent, and learn from an intelligent and ambitious group of product managers, engineers, researchers and analysts.
Wayfair is actively experimenting with Computer Vision and other innovative technologies to solve core problems for our users. Through machine learning and complex visual search algorithms, we design elegant, scalable solutions to address user feedback such as, I want to be shown more like this and Ill know what I want when I see it.
Were looking for a Senior Product Design Manager who is passionate about design thinking, innovative technologies and cares about creating useful and delightful experiences for millions of consumers across the world. This role will lead design strategy and vision for our rapidly growing Computer Vision platforms across all of Wayfairs brands and geographies.
This role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of consumers around the world create homes they love, have a major impact at a rapidly growing $10B public company, partner with senior executives across the company on a high-profile initiative, influence the roadmaps of our key development partners (including Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Magic Leap), and grow our existing cross-functional teams of experienced product managers, software engineers, data scientists, product designers and analysts.
What youll do:
- Leading the design for our dynamic and ever growing computer vision team! Simply put, this utilizes imagery to develop models that solve diverse user problems throughout Wayfair.
- Establish design vision and strategy, as well as helping to inform the roadmap for our Computer Vision experiences and visual search platforms. This will include a combination of designing new and owning existing features as well as enabling/educating other design teams on how to build new features/tools with these technologies
- Were looking for someone who can hit the ground running as an individual contributor and manager of one designer, with the opportunity to further build out the team over time. As a manager within our product design team, youll be responsible for the career growth and performance of your direct reports.
- Scoping sprint work and informing the roadmap of the Computer Vision team
- Closely collaborating with designers, researchers, project managers, engineers, analysts and Q/A
- Defining the user experience for both work streams
- Help us continue building our external reputation as an innovative tech company through public speaking, engaging with our key development partners (including Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Magic Leap), developing content and attending industry events.
- As a member of our Product leadership team, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, partnering with other Wayfair departments and external speaking/content generation.
Who you are:
- A builder of engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- A leader and mentor of design teams comprised of varying experiences and backgrounds
- A motivator who champions team successes and stays humble in your own success
- A passionate advocate for the customer who never loses sight of the big picture
- A curious mind who rarely settles for your first answer and constantly seeks new ways to solve problems
Who you arent:
- A perfectionist
- A yeah, buter
This is an awesome opportunity to make interior design affordable for all customers and grow business for local interior designers. If this is the challenge youre seeking, please let us know why and feel free to share any of your thoughts, stories, or work that you have floating around online. Wed love to get to know you!