Sr. Product Design Manager - AR/VR Experience
Are you constantly looking for the intersection of customer goals and business needs? Do you thrive when you encourage creatives to deliver the best work of their careers? Do you think hiring someone with a different point of view from yours makes for a stronger team? Have you recently been told that you incessantly ask Why?
If you answered Yes! to the above, weve got to meet.
Were the product design team at Wayfair, and were tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. From finding that perfect item via AR to scheduling installation services, were solving new problems every day in our online and offline experiences for our tens of millions of customers
As a Senior Product Design Manager for our Lens XR team, youll be responsible for leading a team of designers working on some of Wayfairs most exciting and interactive tools. This team leverages the latest in mixed and augmented reality to assist our customers in visualizing furniture in their spaces, collaborating with their friends and family, and confidently creating a home they love! As the manager of this team, youll have the opportunity to grow the careers of young talent, and learn from an intelligent and ambitious group of product managers, engineers, researchers and analysts.
Who you are:
- Familiar with designing for apps and new technologies, specifically AR & 3D experiences
- Has a solid human-centered design background, and is comfortable with the user experience design process tools and best practices
- Has experience conducting research, working with new technologies, and leveraging data to inform design strategy & direction
- An innovative & strategic thinker who is skilled in interaction design, prototyping and comfortable working with new technologies (AR/VR/3D)
- Interest & curiosity for new & emerging technologies. Always seeking to learn and has their pulse on the latest trends in consumer technology and behavior
- Comfortable working with cross functional teams and managing stakeholders
- Ability and interest in mentoring more junior designers
- From a soft skills and personality standpoint, this person is:
- Empathetic to users and cares about their holistic experience
- A strong, persuasive communicator
- Collaborative in spirit, able to quickly learn about the requirements of a team and help to drive results for them (no egos)
- Needs to be autonomous and capable of running a team and working with many different stakeholders
- Were looking for someone who is passionate about innovating in the retail space.
- Leading the design for our new Lens XR team. This team will serve as the voice of the customer for emerging technologies. They will be a catalyst for new technology within our organization, partnering with teams across the company to catalyze solutions and develop best practices for approaching unsolved customer problems with XR tech.
- Help establish design vision, strategy to inform the roadmap for our Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality platforms. This will include a combination of designing new and owning existing features, as well as enabling/educating other design teams on how to build new features/tools with these technologies
- They will be expected to hit the ground running as an individual contributor with the opportunity to build out the team over time. They should be capable of managing the individuals we will hire as the team grows.
- Partnering with product & engineering to scope sprint work and inform the roadmap of the Lens XR team
- Closely collaborating with designers, researchers, project managers, engineers, analysts and Q/A
- Help us continue building our external reputation as an innovative tech company through public speaking, engaging with our key development partners (including Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Magic Leap), developing content and attending industry events.
- As a member of our Product leadership team, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, partnering with other Wayfair departments and external speaking/content generation.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates without a portfolio of examples that demonstrate experience and skills in UX, and AR/VR will not be considered at this time.