Sr. Principal Robotics and Vision Software Scientist
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
What yo will do:
- Design, implement, test, and document robotics and vision software and algorithms in C/C++ on desktop and embedded platforms. The candidate will participate in the creation of the next generation of consumer robotics products developed at iRobot.
- The position’s responsibilities also include validation and characterization of the products developed at iRobot including embedded solutions for vision and navigation, robotics components, and hardware.
- The position involves a substantial portion of “hands-on” work and requires an individual able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on experience developing robotics or vision software and systems.
- 10+ years of working knowledge of C/C++.
- Working understanding of computer systems including concurrent programming, operating
- Systems, compilers, and computer architecture.
- Working experience in both Linux and Windows.
- Experience validating complex systems involving hardware, software, and mechanical components.
- A solid engineering background with hands-on design and development experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Required Degree: Master's Degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or Mathematics.
- Ability to build/assemble/modify electronic assemblies or robots into various configurations for test purposes.
- Understanding of and experience with any of the following: behavior-based control, navigation,
- Path-planning, obstacle avoidance, SLAM, estimation and control.
- Understanding of and experience with any of the following: object recognition, structure
- From motion, 3D reconstruction, ego-motion estimation, feature extraction and matching face recognition.
- Hands-on design and development experience of software and hardware products.
- Experience developing embedded software and systems.
- Experience validating consumer or robotics products.
We are the leading global consumer robot company, designing and building robots that empower people to do more, both inside and outside of the home. Founded by MIT roboticists who had the vision of making practical robots a reality. To date, we have sold over 20 million robots and globally employ more than 600 of the robot industry’s best and brightest. iRobot is committed to fostering invention, discovery and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robot products for the home. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
Our Pasadena office is in the heart of Old Town, set against the San Gabriel mountains. iRobot is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts. We also have offices in Europe, Japan, China & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer!
Check out #LifeAtiRobot and follow us on Instagram:
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer