Senior Software Engineer
Were looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join one of our VMware Carbon Black Cloud Development teams to build solutions that will help us deliver an industry leading security product to our customers. Join a talented team of developers using a wide variety of latest cloud technologies to solve big problems while partnering with threat researchers who are on the bleeding edge of malware analysis. Youll build solutions that our customers are clamoring for, that will help our customers prevent the next front page security breach.
What Youll Do
- Lead initiatives to deliver major product features in a highly-scalable micro service environment, implemented on AWS.
- Contribute to architectural direction in design discussions.
- Collaborate to design, build and scale event processing pipelines, search pipelines and indexing subsystems that handle millions of events per second.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Collaborate with product management, SRE, backend and front-end engineers to deliver the right solution.
- Support existing production code and improve performance and customer experience.
What Youll Bring
- Expertise in building a high-performance, highly distributed, scalable and reliable system to process and store terabytes of data.
- 8+ years of experience developing server side applications.
- 4+ years building high performing/data intensive applications running in the cloud.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Strong experience developing in Python, Go and/or Java Spring
- Strong AWS experience (including automated provisioning i.e. Terraform)
- Kinesis or similar streaming technology
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools like ECS and Kubernetes
- Scaling enterprise applications in the cloud
- Reducing costs in production
- Agile Software Development
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape whats possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
More Jobs From