Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot is looking to bring on board a Senior Manager, NPI Sourcing to work closely with engineering and provide cross-commodity sourcing/supply management leadership to the New Product Introduction teams and/or technology and research programs. The selected candidate will report to the Director Global Strategic Sourcing. You will serve as the Central Sourcing interface with advanced engineering and NPI teams to ensure integration and execution of best-in-class supplier engagement processes to deliver on time-to-market, cost, quality and innovation goals while mitigating risk. This position will be embedded within engineering and will act as the focal point for Sourcing to communicate the preferred supplier capabilities to the design teams and program managers throughout the NPI process. Works closely with the individual commodity managers to align activities to the commodity specific strategic strategy. Implements Supply Chain Management strategy to drive commercial leverage, achieve lowest total costs, ensure effective asset management, continuously improve quality, delivery, and cycle time performance, and ensure supplier involvement in product development.
This is an exciting, dynamic role in which you will work closely with the engineering, product and supply chain teams understanding iRobot’s technology vision and roadmap and will be able to influence it.
Sourcing experience and technical understanding desired in the following commodities: Embedded Systems (Processors, FPGA, SoC), Sensors, Power Management, Cameras and IMUs.. Strong business acumen is a must as you will be look to choose the right supplier for iRobot, chose the right type of engagement with the supplier and put in place contracts that will protect iRobot’s interests.
Key job responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Provide Sourcing/Supply Chain Management leadership for launch of new products and technologies
- Ensure regular and consistent program communications with Sourcing and Supply Chain personnel so they are informed and able to effectively support the needs of the program
- Work with the NPI community to establish technology roadmaps which identify future needs, and drive technology scouting and supplier technology sharing forums to proactively meet those future needs
- Ensure process excellence and continuous improvement through the development of standard work and documented processes for how we select, engage, and manage suppliers through the NPI lifecycle.
- Ability to manage high-value, high-complexity SOWs, RFx’s, and contracts with minimal direction.
- Lead the development, modification, and negotiation of various types of agreements for the purchase of goods and services. Ensure agreements have supplier accountability including performance metrics, SLAs, and warranties with clearly defined penalties for non-performance.
- Work with the Global Commodity management and strategic supply chain management teams on sourcing strategies including supplier selection, risk analysis and capacity management
- 10+ years of experience in supplier management, product planning, strategic sourcing, or product development in a manufacturing organization, including supervision and management in Embedded Systems (Processors, FPGA, SoC), Memory, RF & Wireless Connectivity, Sensors, Power Management, Cameras and IMUs
- Strong business and technical product vision and a track record of leading teams delivering products on time with leading edge technology
- Ability to influence/lead development teams and external suppliers to deliver results
- Demonstrated results of improving supply chain and supplier performance throughout product lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong program management skills
- Strong business and legal acumen – seasoned professional required, capable of performing with minimum supervision.
- Positive and energetic team player with strong cross-functional team experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- Experience in the telecommunications space preferred.
- Must be willing to travel internationally and domestically about 25% of the time.
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Jobs From